Forget love. Fall in chocolate!
There is no such thing as too much chocolate.
Not up for discussion.
If you have not got your health food for soul today, you need to dive into this chocolate therapy. Tantalizing taste of chocolate with rustical frosting bring you melting moment that you will not forget. Painless to prepare and delicious cure for a bad day.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ c granulated sugar
- ¾ c cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ c hot water
Baking tip: If you do not have buttermilk in stock, do not panic! You can easily make your homemade buttermilk from milk and vinegar or lemon juice. Mix these two ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes so the milk begins to curdle and becomes acidic. Hooray your homemade buttermilk!
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1 ½ c melted butter with yogurt or normal butter
- 6 chocolate bars of dark chocolate
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 c cocoa powder
- 3 soup spoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C and dust your cake round with butter and flower.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt slowly in one bowl with a mixer until all ingredients unite. In the second bowl, whisk eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla on very slowly speed and while mixing, add hot water.
- Now you are ready to stir dry and wet masses for 5 minutes until the dough gets thin. Finally, pour evenly into your prepared cake round and bake approximately for 40 minutes and let it cool.
- In meantime, you can prepare the chocolate frosing. Melt chocolate bars over the steam in a double boiler. Whisk sugar and cocoa powder in the bowl till they combine. Afterwards, beat the butter until smooth and add sugar with cocoa powder.
- Pour the melted chocolate and at the end, add heavy cream until you get your desired consistency.
Enjoy the chocolate agony!